Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Hello pretty lady!


There is a boy on American Idol this season who sings like a woman. If my eyes were closed when he sang, I would be certain that this boy is a woman. What I wonder is, if the judges are constantly accusing contestants of not being "themselves" in the competition, why do they continue to praise this man who makes himself sound like a woman? Frankly, the whole thing makes me more uncomfortable than he must feel in those layers of foundation and eyeliner.

I am not against a man acting, dressing, or singing like a woman if that's what he enjoys, but until the judges can celebrate a country singer on Motown night, I will not support this man-woman contestant.

I'm sure in some circles, this post would be considered "not politically correct" but the people in those circles aren't really the people that vote for American Idol. Let's hear it for middle America.

1 comment: