Monday, March 16, 2009

And what did you learn this week?

Let's see... I gave this one some thought today, but couldn't think of anything really... okay, here's one-

1. George Adamsen of Born Free fame (also author of his autobiography My Pride and Joy) was killed by an African poacher in 1989. George specialized in adapting lions that had been raised in civilization back into the wild.
ADDITIONAL FUN FACT: The most well-known lion adapted into George's tribe was Christian the Lion of YouTube fame. Christian was purchased and raised for the first year of his life by two Australians living in London in the 1970's. Check out the famous YouTube video of Christian greeting the men who purchased and raised him after one year in the wild with George. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNTdWbVBgc

2. The drug Zolpidem (which goes by the popular name brand Ambien) is commonly used in 10mg amounts per pill.
ADDITIONAL FUN FACT: I don't take this drug, but for one of my other classes, I'm writing a short piece on a girl who overdoses on it. Obviously, I had to know how much is usually prescribed per pill so I could say how much the coroner found in her bloodstream. (FYI- 200mgs)

3. Naples, Italy is renowned for having the best pizza in Italy, which of course has the best pizza in the world.
ADDITIONAL FUN FACT: While I had read this in the best-selling novel Eat, Pray, Love, I recently had the opportunity to confirm it with Italian customers Giovanni Mambia and Enrico Prosperi who visited our office from Florence. I'm going there later this month and I'm very excited to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment