Friday, March 13, 2009

Funny and informative....

Okay, so new blog idea that might make this a little easier. Unless we are given a topic, my entries from now on will list three things I’ve learned that day. While this exercise is pretty easy when you’re say… five years old, it’s a bit tougher at 26, when you mostly do/talk to/watch the same things every day. (Oh, and current events and things like “my brother has a headache” don’t count. They have to be things I’m just now learning while the info has always been available. For the sake of you, reader, I’ll try to make sure that they are also interesting, but it’s not a rule that they have to be.)

Since it is only 12:45pm right now, I’m going to list things I learned yesterday. I should at least get the benefit of having a full 24 hrs to learn three things, right?

1. While you can go to this site:
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp
and search the first and last names of any resident in the state of Maryland for anything they’ve ever had to appear in court for, Maryland is the only state that provides this info in such a fun and easy format. PA does not. Boo.
ADDITIONAL FUN FACT: My mother is on this site multiple times under her numerous last names/combinations of both. (She pretty much marries, and divorces, someone new every few years, hence the multiple aliases.)

2. If your vehicle is registered in, say, your mother’s name, (or one of her multiple aliases), she must be present for you to renew your tags. On that same note, if your tags expired in December and it is now, say, March, you cannot renew online.
ADDITIONAL FUN FACT: It would pretty sad if I was 26, married, and still driving a car registered in my mother’s name. I learned this valuable lesson with the help of my 17 year old brother.

3. Recent studies have shown that there are over 320 genes linked to fertility or lack there of.
ADDITIONAL FUN FACT: I did not learn this because I am currently trying to get pregnant. Every morning at the gym, I do one hour on the elliptical. While I do this, I read one entire magazine. As my gym happens to be women-only, you can imagine that many of the magazines there contain this sort of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment